New Horizons understands the importance of providing students with healthy and nutritious food which enhances levels of concentration and achievement and offers young people a free healthy breakfast. This is funded through the Pupil Deprivation Grant.
Lunches are provided by local mainstream schools and delivered to site, there is a small charge for lunch for those young people who are not entitled to Free School Meals.
Free School Meals (FSM) can be claimed by those students whose parents or guardians are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit – provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190*
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400* per year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
*This threshold is provided by the DFE and is subject to change.
If you feel you may be eligible for FSM, you can contact Wrexham County Borough Council and request an application form to be sent to you or apply online via www.wrexham.gov.uk